2018 Kings Plaza Style Box Giveaway
2018 KINGS PLAZA STYLE BOX GIVEAWAY
FIRST 200 – ONLY 200 GIFTS – WHILE SUPPLIES LAST
Giveaway: 2018 Kings Plaza Style Box Giveaway
Start Date and Time: September 15, 2018, 10AM Eastern
End Date and Time: September 15, 2018, 12PM Eastern
Giveaway Location: Flatbush Avenue – Main Entrance
Gift: “Style Box” holding various merchandise
Gift Approximate Retail Value: $150
Sponsor: Brooklyn Kings Plaza LLC
Sponsor Address: c/o Kings Plaza
5100 Kings Plaza
Brooklyn, NY 11234
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW
1. HOW TO PARTICIPATE: The Giveaway shall take place during the Giveaway Period (all times local). To participate and receive the Gift, stop by the Giveaway Location during the Giveaway Period.
Limit one (1) Gift per person. Only 200 Gifts available. While supplies last.
Sponsor’s clock is the official clock of the Giveaway. By accepting a Gift, each participant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and all decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. These Official Rules are available during the Giveaway Period at the Giveaway Location and at Kings Plaza Management Office, 5100 Kings Plaza, Brooklyn, NY 11234.
Sponsor reserves the right to extend the Giveaway Period until all Gifts are distributed. Sponsor reserves the right to giveaway additional gifts of a different nature after all Gifts are distributed. The approximate retail value of any other gifts shall not exceed the approximate retail value of the Gift. Lining up before the Giveaway Period may be restricted by Sponsor. No place holding in line is permitted.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Participants must be a legal resident of the U.S. and at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time they receive the Gift. Employees, officers, directors (and their immediate family members and members of their same households) and agents and representatives of (i) Kings Plaza, (ii) Sponsor, or (iii) The Macerich Company or The Macerich Partnership, L.P. or any of their respective parents, affiliates and subsidiary companies (collectively, “Macerich”) and employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives of (i) the merchants of Kings Plaza, (ii) prize suppliers or (iii) any advertising or promotion agencies that do business with Macerich are not eligible to participate.
3. GIFT: See Gift for details, terms, conditions and fees, if applicable. All trademarks are property of their respective owners. The Gift is subject to the restrictions and limitations noted in these Official Rules and on the Gift (if applicable), and the winner must abide by all such limitations and restrictions applicable to the Gift, including any expiration dates (if applicable). No substitution or cash equivalent of the Gift (or portion thereof) is permitted except at the sole discretion of Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute the Gift (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value at its sole discretion. The Gift is nontransferable. Participants agree to accept their Gift “AS IS”. A lost or stolen Gift will not be replaced. There is a limit of one (1) prize per person for all sweepstakes, contests, competitions and promotions conducted by the Sponsor in the same calendar year. SPONSORS’ COMPANIES (defined below) DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES FOR MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. GIFTS MAY CONTAIN DIFFERENT MERCHANDISE.
4. RESTRICTIONS: In the event a participant is found to be ineligible, or if he/she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, the participant may be disqualified and an alternate participant may be selected. Sponsor is under no obligation to select an alternate participant. Sponsor’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Giveaway and the selection of the qualified participant is final and binding in all matters related to the Giveaway.
5. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Each participant is solely responsible for all taxes as it relates to his or her Gift, including applicable sales and income taxes. To the extent applicable, any forms required by the appropriate taxing authority must be completed prior to delivery of the Gift, including a W-9 tax form and a copy of social security card (relates to any prize equal to or exceeding $600 in value). An IRS Form 1099 reporting the value of the Gift as earned income will be issued as appropriate.
Except where prohibited by law, by accepting his or her Gift the participants grant Sponsor, Macerich, prize suppliers and their respective partners, licensees, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, assigns, related companies and successors, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, attorneys and agents (collectively, the “Sponsor Entities”) the universal and perpetual right and license to use, exploit, print, publish, reproduce, display, distribute and broadcast, and to grant others the right and license to use, exploit, print, publish, reproduce, display, distribute and broadcast the winner’s name, actual or simulated likeness, photograph, image, voice, portrait, picture, personal characteristics, biographical information and other personal identification in any and all languages, formats, and media now known and hereafter developed (including, without limitation, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube), in connection with the websites, Giveaway and/or any Giveaway-related activity and any and all advertising, promotion, marketing, and/or publicity thereof, including all ancillary and subsidiary rights therein, without additional consideration.
Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the Giveaway, or who is otherwise in violation of these Official Rules. Such a person will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate, suspend or modify any giveaway, sweepstakes, game or drawing not capable of completion as planned, including because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical or other failures of any sort, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor.
6. OFFICIAL RULES: This Giveaway is subject to these Official Rules. By participating in the Giveaway, participants agree to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error in these Official Rules, or the Giveaway itself, and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by all decisions of the Sponsor, whose decision is binding and final in all respects.
7. DISCLAIMERS: Sponsor Entities are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, incomplete, stolen, illegible, misdirected, deleted, destroyed or altered entries; or for any mail, computer, telephone, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, errors, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays, connections, availability or garbled or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/Websites/use net accessibility or availability, traffic congestion, or unauthorized human intervention or access to the websites, as applicable. Sponsor Entities are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information.
By participating, participants on behalf of themselves and their heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assigns hereby knowingly and voluntarily release, discharge, waive and relinquish, and agree that they will not assert or maintain against the Sponsor Entities, those involved in the development, production (including gift suppliers, contractors, service providers), implementation and distribution of this Giveaway, all participating merchants and their designated agents and any other person or entity associated with such entities and/or this Giveaway, and any of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, attorneys, or agents (collectively, “Sponsors’ Companies”), any claim, action, suit or demand of any kind or nature whatsoever, whether known or unknown now or in the future, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, arising out of or in connection with their participation in this Giveaway or any Giveaway-related activity, or their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize in any way (including any tax liabilities). Participants hereby further agree that Sponsors’ Companies are not responsible or liable for, and that participants will indemnify, defend, release, and hold Sponsors’ Companies harmless from and against, any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, injuries, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorney’s fees) of any nature whatsoever whether known or unknown now or in the future, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, arising out of or in connection with their participation in this Giveaway or any Giveaway-related activity, or their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize in any way (including any tax liabilities). Participants hereby acknowledge that they may hereafter discover facts different from or in addition to those which they now know or believe to be true and agree that this release will remain effective notwithstanding.
8. RULES: For a copy of these Official Rules, please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope, to be received within thirty (30) days of the Giveaway Period, with the name of the Giveaway to: 2018 Kings Plaza Style Box Giveaway - Official Rules, c/o Kings Plaza, 5100 Kings Plaza, Brooklyn, NY 11234, Attn: Marketing Manager.
9. GOVERNING LAW: Except to the extent pre-empted by federal or other applicable state law, this Sweepstakes shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York (without giving effect to any conflict of law provisions thereof). By participating in this Giveaway, participants agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between participant and Sponsor, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this promotion, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively, before a court located in Kings County, New York having competent jurisdiction, which Court shall apply the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any conflict of law provisions thereof.
Your Privacy Rights
We may make changes to this Policy from time to time and any such changes will become effective immediately upon posting on www.macerich.com. Any changes to this Policy will be available at the customer service facility and/or mall office at our centers and/or on this web page. By continuing to use the Site, or by otherwise submitting any information to Macerich, after any such Policy change, you are consenting to the Policy, as amended.
The core of our Policy is this: Macerich will not knowingly release, sell, rent or trade your personal information to any third party without your permission, except (i) to our merchants and/or business partners, (ii) if we believe in good faith that the law requires it or in response to a request from a law enforcement agency or authority or any regulatory authority, (iii) to protect the safety of employees, users and/or the public at large, and (iv) to protect our own rights and properties. We may also transfer your personal information to a third party in the event of a corporate transaction or restructuring (e.g., a sale, merger or other transfer of assets) without your permission. Macerich considers “personal information” to include, without limitation, name, e-mail address, home or mailing address, phone number, birth date, anniversary date, gender, and other personally identifiable information you may provide to Macerich via the Site or otherwise (“Personal Information”).
What Information We Collect, How We Use It and With Whom We May Share It
Macerich collects only Personal Information that is submitted on a voluntary basis from individuals 13 years of age or older. For those individuals under 13 years of age, parental or guardian consent is required. In order to take advantage of some of our features, programs or events you may need to register and/or provide Personal Information before you can participate.
In addition, you may choose to send us a request for information via our Request Information Form on the Site. Via the Request Information Form, we request that you provide to us your first and last name, title, organization name, investor type, mailing address, phone number, facsimile number, email address and any information you choose to provide in the text of your message.
We will use this Personal Information to respond to an inquiry from you or address a request submitted by you (including contacting you directly to request additional information to process your inquiry or request), and/or to send you e-mails, newsletters or other communications and to inform you about sales, specials, programs, events, promotions, services, products or other opportunities that might interest you.
We may share your Personal Information with our merchants and/or business partners so that they are able to contact you and make you aware of similar events and opportunities. You should note that we do not control these operators or their policies with respect to use of Personal Information, and that if you do not wish to receive communications from them, you should contact them directly. Further, we will disclose information we maintain, including Personal Information, when we believe in good faith that the law requires it or in response to a request from a law enforcement agency or authority or any regulatory authority.
We also collect certain other, non-personal information, such as your IP address, browser type, operating system, mobile carrier, Internet Service Provider, and browsing patterns on our website, and receive the URLs of sites from which you arrive and leave our Site, which we may use or disclose in any manner. This data may be used to analyze trends, administer the Site, track the user’s movement on the Site in the aggregate and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use by us and third parties.
In addition, your Personal Information and/or non-personal information may be used to display targeted advertisements on the Site based on such information. By way of example, Macerich uses Google Display Advertising data to improve the experience of our Site for our users. These display features enable Google to collect data about our users via Google advertising cookies, anonymous identifiers and other data collected through Google’s standard analytics implementation. We respect your privacy and, if you wish, you may opt out of Google’s tracking features at any time via https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
Macerich, its merchants and business partners, like many companies, may also use locational beacons, also called web bugs and clear GIFs, or other similar tracking technologies to help monitor activity on their websites. Unlike cookies, web beacons and other similar tracking technologies we may use on our Site do not store information on your computer.
Use of Other Mobile Data Technology in Macerich Mall Properties
Though not a feature of our Site, Macerich may also use in Macerich’s mall properties locational beacons that transmit a signal to mobile device with a mobile application, which may result in your receiving messages or other content targeted to you, with a goal of improving your shopping experience. These web beacons may collect a unique identifier for your mobile device and non-personally identifiable location-based data, including entry onto a Macerich property and time stamps of your journey within the property as permitted by applicable law (i.e. the time you reach a beacon and how long you are in a mall). If and to the extent you have consented to such collection by our service provider, in accordance with their terms and conditions, the service provider may also collect other types of non-personally identifiable information from you.
Via video cameras positioned throughout a Macerich mall property, we may also photograph you and analyze such photographs to determine your path through our property and/or to assess demographic data related to you, such as your age or gender. We may use such information for marketing, strategic and security purposes. Due to the nature of such technology, you are unable to opt out of being photographed or videotaped while on any Macerich mall property.
Further, we may employ in the Macerich malls other mobile data technology to track your path of travel, assess the duration of time you are on our property, count the total numbers of shoppers by hour, by entrance and other zones within the property, and detect whether you are a repeat visitor and the frequency of your visits. Specifically, if you are carrying a smartphone or other mobile device onto one of our properties, we may determine and then track the location of such device by observing Wi-Fi or Bluetooth signals broadcast from the device and logging the unique number assigned to such device when it was manufactured (known as a “MAC address”), together with the time, signal strength and location of the observing sensor. This may be accomplished using Wi-Fi access points from any guest Wi-Fi we may offer at the property, regardless of whether you use such Wi-Fi, and/or via Wi-Fi sensors provided by a Macerich service provider. We use such information for marketing, strategic and security purposes.
To avoid any collection of data by means of such mobile device detection technology, you (i) should ensure all mobile devices you may be carrying are fully powered off at all times while on our property AND (ii) opt not to use any guest Wi-Fi service we may make available at the property.
Please note we do not intentionally direct collection of data, via any beacons, video cameras or other mobile data technology described in this section, toward children under the age of 13. To the extent images of children we believe to be under 13 are captured by our video cameras, Macerich does not retain such images. Please note, however, that we do collect IP addresses as noted above, without regard to age.
Requests for Changes to Use of Personal Information
You always have the option to change your mind about receiving communications from us, or to review, change or update any of your Personal Information, and to review our disclosures of your Personal Information by e-mailing us at DataCustSvc@macerich.com or contacting the customer service facility and/or mall office at the applicable center directly, and submitting the appropriate changes.
While Macerich maintains internal controls, including firewalls and other security features, to control unauthorized access to Personal Information, we cannot guarantee our ability to prevent unauthorized access.
Any sweepstakes, contests or other promotions, including rewards programs and text messaging programs (collectively, “Promotions”) that may be offered via the Site or otherwise will be governed by a separate set of rules or terms and conditions that, in addition to describing such Promotion, may have eligibility requirements, restrictions, terms and conditions governing the Promotion, use of submissions you make, and disclosures about how your Personal Information may be used. It is your responsibility to read such rules or terms and conditions to determine whether or not you are eligible and want to participate, register and/or enter, according to each Promotion’s rules or terms and conditions. By participating in any Promotion, you will become subject to those official rules or terms and conditions, and you agree to comply with and abide by such rules or terms and conditions, and the decisions of the sponsor(s) identified therein, if applicable, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
If you link to a third-party site from the Site, any information you submit or reveal on that site is not subject to this Policy. You should review the privacy policies of each site you visit. Macerich does not control any third-party site or their privacy practices, and Macerich is not responsible for the content or practices of any sites that may be linked to Macerich’s Site.
Protecting children is important to Macerich. The Site is not intended for use by children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from such children. By using the Site, you represent that you are at least 13 years of age.
If you are a parent or guardian who believes we have inadvertently collected your child’s Personal Information, you may contact us to request the removal of such child’s Personal Information from our database at any time by e-mailing us at DataCustSvc@macerich.com or contacting the customer service facility and/or mall office at the applicable center directly. Please note, however, that Personal Information inadvertently collected about a child may remain in back-up storage for some period of time after a request for deletion of that child’s account. This may be the case even though no information about that account remains in our active user databases.
Your California Privacy Rights
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Policy, our privacy protection practices, or your dealings with us, please feel free to contact us by sending an e-mail to DataCustSvc@macerich.com or contact the customer service facility and/or mall office at the applicable center directly.
Last Updated: January 1, 2018
Copyright © 2018 The Macerich Company