Contribute to our vibe at the Kings Plaza Finish Line Location.
Position Title: Assistant Store Manager
Functional Area: Store Operations
Reports To: Store Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
The Assistant Store Manager will support the Store Manager in all aspects of the daily execution of customer service, sales, and development of personnel while staying true to the Finish Line Brand by performing the following main duties:
- Assists Store Manager in all aspects of daily shift management, including customer relations, inventory control, procedural tasks and paperwork, visual merchandising, opening and closing the store,
- Trains and coaches Sales Associates to promote and execute team, store, and company performance.
- Partners with management in planning, implementing, and executing change in regards to company initiatives in order to improve organizational performance.
- Supervises shipments deliveries and transfers of merchandise in order to produce accurate inventory results.
- Seeks to understand the customer’s needs and wants to benefit the overall customer experience.
- Provides constructive feedback and facilitates conflict to ensure the
growth and collaboration of team members.
- Demonstrates sound understanding and judgment of store priorities.
- Embraces accountability and sets attainable goals for store sales, metrics, and personnel development.
- Accountable for key decision making to influence change, sales, customer service.
- Provides security & loss prevention in store for accurate inventory
and merchandise flow to minimize company shrink.
- Upholds company policies, procedure, and standards regarding personal and store sales/performance metrics.
- Assists management with recruiting and interviewing potential employees.
- Accountable for opening and closing store procedures to include cash reconciliation, reporting, and security.
- Adhere and uphold all company policies and procedures.
- Additional duties and projects as required.
Required Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma or GED equivalent; 0 – 1 year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Associate’s degree preferred.
Required Computer and/or Technical Skills
Should have basic to intermediate knowledge and abilities with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Must be an effective communicator with internal and external individuals at all levels. This includes spoken, written, electronic, and presentation skills. Communication should be consistently constructive and professional. Must be a good team player.
Decision Making and Problem Solving Skills
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Uses specialized knowledge to go beyond the routine to solve complex problems that frequently affect areas beyond own functional area. Must be able to approach unfamiliar situations, projects, and opportunities with confidence and curiosity.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions. Must be at least 18 years or older.
The minimum requirements include the following but reasonable accommodations maybe made as related to an employee’s religion, ethnicity, or disability:
- Requires availability during the hours necessary to open and close the store, which includes mornings, days, and nights,
- Requires a minimum of 5 days of availability.
- Requires availability on weekends and holidays
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires standing approximately 5 to 12 hours per day.
- Minimum standard of a 30 hour work week.
- During peak sale periods (e.g. Holiday, Back-to-School), will work for long periods throughout a 1 – 12 hour day.
- Requires stooping and kneeling to place merchandise on customer’s feet as well as reaching and pulling to obtain or stock merchandise on storage racks.
- May be required to climb ladder or ascend/descend stairs in order to
stock and/or acquire merchandise for sale.
- Required to lift items weighing 5 – 25 lbs regularly. In certain circumstances, weights may be higher.
- Must speak English clearly in order to converse with customers and
effectively supervise staff.
- Must be able to read and write English and perform business-related
mathematics in order to carry out normal business and understand corporate sales reports.
- Must have good vision, including color differentiation.
- Punctuality and regular attendance consistent with the company’s policies are required for the position.
- The work environment for this position is a moderately noisy retail setting.
How to apply can be found HERE
The company reserves the right to modify this job description with or without notice. Employees may be asked to perform additional duties outside of normal job scope on a temporary basis per company policy.